After we receive your booking request we shall contact you in less than 24 hours. We will provide all the info you may need and ask you for a deposit payment (30 % of the total value).
After payment of the deposit you will receive a confirmation email and further instructions. We only guarantee your place after you pay the deposit.
If you wish to change your booking
After it has been confirmed e.g. guest names, date changes, etc, you must cancel your booking and re-book through the GLOBAL SURF SCHOOL & CAMP website. We will try to assist but cannot guarantee to meet such requests. Cancellation charges may apply.
Check in and check out
Check in is after 16:00 h, check out is until 12:00 h. A deposit of 50 EUR per person is required on arrival, this will be returned providing no damage has been caused.
After confirmation is made (as explained above) we will accept the cancellation under the following terms:
- Until 30 days prior to arrival we will charge 50 % of the deposit.
- After 30 days prior to arrival we will not make any refund. The client will have a credit to use for one year.
- Upon arrival and during your stay we will not make any refund except in the case of serious illness or injury (medical proof needed).
In the case that you have booked the transfer from Lisbon airport to GLOBAL SURF SCHOOL & CAMP:
- The transfer must be booked 48 hours in advance and confirmed by GLOBAL SURF SCHOOL & CAMP through email.
- The cancellation of the transfer must be done until 24 hours before arrival. If otherwise we will not refund transfer money;
- The driver will wait for you at the arrival hall of the Lisbon airport in the area reserved for the travel representatives;
- The clients are required to show the confirmation of the reservation to the driver;
- The transfer can be refused by driver in the case of drunkenness, intoxication or aggressive behaviour of the clients. If so, GLOBAL SURF SCHOOL & CAMP has the right to charge 100% of the transfer price.
- The transfer can be refused with a charge of 30% of the full price in the case of the overweight baggage if not announced in advance (the allowed weight of the baggage is 30 kg per person), incorrect booking regarding the number of passengers or the final destination.
- The client is required to provide the telephone number contactable in Portugal. In the case of delay caused by the traffic, weather conditions or any other factors which could not be influenced by GLOBAL SURF SCHOOL & CAMP, we do not take any responsibility. GLOBAL SURF SCHOOL & CAMP does not refund any alternative transfer taken by clients (namely taxi or bus).
- Check-In is after 16:00 and Check-Out is until 12:00 (if you stay after 12:00 you will be charged an extra day).
- Beside the hours mentioned above, Check-In is possible at anytime if the client provides the date and hour of the arrival.
- Pay your bill two days before departure. We accept credit card but be aware, that sometimes they don’t function.
- The house must be cleaned before departure if not we will charge an extra fee for cleaning services (25€).
- Global Surf school & camp is not responsible for any robbery or theft that occurs in or from its property.
- Global Surf school & camp do not take any responsibility of the client’s personal belongings during their stay, wherever they are placed. The Client is fully responsible for his or her personal belongings. We recommends you to put your personal belongings in the safe.
- Please do not damage any structure or object of the Global Surf school & camp.
- Inform the reception if any damage to the structure or objects of the Global Surf school & camp.
- Clean your dishes, etc after use;
- Do not throw toilet paper in the toilet (as it clogs up the drains really easy) please place in the bin provided there for that purpose;
- Please do not disturb after 23:00 hours;
- Respect your roommates and the other house guests;
- Please lock your room;
- If you run out of hot water please inform us at the surf base or call us (+351 917973981). We will change the gas bottle;
Surf classes policy
Validity of lessons
- Depending on the type of package the classes must be completed within the period indicated below (from the date of purchase).
- Packages of 5 lessons have a validity of 12 months;
- Packages of 10 lessons have a validity of 12 months;
- Packages of 15 lessons have a validity of 12 months;
- All progression classes are valid for 12 months.
- The validity of packages is not cumulative.
- These deadlines may vary whenever there is an impossibility on the part of the school to teach or upon presentation of a medical certificate by the student.
- Group classes run with a minimum of two students;
- Classes have a maximum duration of one hour and thirty minutes;
- Classes may be theoretical and practical;
- The classes are not necessarily taught by the same teacher;
- Classes may not be sold or transferred to thirds.
- The classes are marked according to the weather conditions and sea state and the confirmation of attendance must be given, no later than 10:00 pm on the day of the marking.
- If you book more than one day of classes, you will be expected to take classes in the following days from the start of class. If the client decides not to take lessons the following day, he / she should inform surf base based on the previous day.
- It is considered missing (given class) when the student did not attend the class, and has confirmed its presence in advance.
- Students should report cases of delay, and when it exceeds 30 minutes of appointment, will be classified as missing / given class.
- The fault can only be justified by medical certificate.
- In the classes of initiation, all the equipment (wetsuit, shop, wax, duck-feet and board) are provided by the school, except for the towel, that most be brought by the student.
- In the progression classes, the students have to bring there own equipment.
- For reasons of hygiene, when an wetsuit is provided by the school the student must use underwear / swimwear.
- The student is responsible for any damage occurred in the equipment provided, where it is shown that has accorded negligence and / or improbably use.
CONDITIONS FOR EQUIPMENT HIRE
Penalties for damage / partial or total loss of equipment hired
- Equipment hire equires the deposit of a valid ID (Passport, Identity Card or Driver’s Licence Document Card);
- Payment of equipment hire is made in cash and before starting using;
- Hired equipment must be returned without damages, penalties apply for damages caused to equipment, partial or total loss according to table bellow;
- Returning equipment beyond hired period implies a payment of 1h rental for each ½h delay;
- Statement of responsibility: Equipment hire usage is of the exclusive responsibility of the clients and Global Surf school & camp insurance does NOT cover equipment damages and or stolen and or total loss as well as any injuries suffered or inflicted to third parties;
- It is considered damage: Any holes, cuts, shreds or bumps in any part of the surf boards, fins or leash.
- It is considered total loss: Any equipment or part of equipment that is returned broken and / or unusable, with changed parts such as fins, leashes, deck or bottom painted or altered in any way.